Katara Hospitality hereby invites renowned grade (A) qualified local general contractor or international general contractor in a Joint Venture (JV) with local official representation in Qatar, that has a demonstrated experience and prompt delivery records to submit a tender for the construction package of the complete major renovation and masterplan for Doha Marriott Gulf Hotel, a treasured landmark located on the East shore of Doha Bay. The renovation scope includes the hotel’s two distinct buildings; the Blue Tower and the Executive Tower, with a total of 362 luxurious rooms and suites, a spa and health club, meeting facilities, six themed restaurants and lounges, two outdoor pools and its ancillaries buildings, private beach, as well as a marina building and basement parking.
|Fees QR.||Tender Bond QR.||Closing Date|
- Must be grade (A) qualified local general contractor or international general contractor in a Joint Venture (JV) with local official representation in Qatar, working in accordance with the local rules and regulations of the State of Qatar.
- Minimum of five completed projects each of a construction value of not less than QAR 600 Million within the past five years.
- Minimum of three hotel projects (5 stars) completed during the past ten years of size, nature and complexity similar to the nature of the Doha Marriot Gulf Hotel.
- Key personnel with previous experience in hotel projects.
- Average construction turnover per annum in the past five years of not less than QAR (1) Billion.
- Provide audited balance sheets for the past five years.
- No litigation record during the past five years.
- Copies of tender documents can be collected from Katara Hospitality Procurement Department (11th Floor), between 9.00am and 2.00pm, on payment of non-refundable document fees to Katara Hospitality bank account No. 0013-038587-060 with Qatar National Bank (QNB), Doha.
- Tenders to be submitted in two separate envelopes “Technical & Commercial”.
- Tender bond should be deposited along with the Technical Offer issued by a bank operating in the State of Qatar as temporary deposit and valid for 180 days from the closing date.
- The successful tenderer shall submit a performance bond issued by a bank operating in the State of Qatar, equivalent to 10% of the contract value and valid for 90 days after the expiry of the 400 days of Project Maintenance Period.
- Tender offers should be valid for 180 days commencing from the above closing date, with submittals as detailed in the tender document.
- Katara Hospitality has the right to increase or decrease the scope of work by 20% with the same unit prices.
- Katara Hospitality is not bound to accept the lowest tender submission or any other tender and is under no obligation to show reasons thereof.
- Tenders should be submitted no later than 12pm. on the closing date and must be deposited into the tender box provided in the Internal Audit Office, located on Floor 11 at Katara Hospitality Building, Marina District, Lusail City and should be in sealed envelopes addressed to the “Chairman – Tender Committee”. Katara Hospitality, PO Box 2977, Doha, Qatar quoting the Tender No. KH/038-2018/TEN/DMGH.
- Offers arriving after the closing date will not be considered.
- The Tenderer shall bear all costs, expenses and liabilities associated with the preparation, and submission of their tender.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Telephone: 4423 7774 | 4423 7778
Facsimile: 4423 7734
Chairman Tenders Committee