30th January 2018
Katara Hospitality are currently seeking to hire a Project Director for Tazi Palace Project, Tangier, Morocco. 2 year contract.
- KH Technical Development representative based in Tangier, Morocco
- Plan and execute a new hotel project.
- Assumes overall responsibility to lead, oversee and guide the execution of the project and provide technical expertise to resolve any operations related matters in order to deliver as per quality standards set internally and to the client satisfaction at the optimal cost and time
- Generates cost savings in the project and drive profitability through process improvements in with an objective for timely completion of the project
- Assumes overall responsibility of managing consultants and contractors of the project based on the guidelines
- Prepares and monitor project budgets, resource requirement, cycle time and productivity norms
DETAILED ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently with the consultants and contractors to perform individual tasks related to an issue with engineering, design and decorating, etc.
- Knowledge of land documents and permits, research on market studies with financial estimates to determine if the project is viable, and the ability to work with architects and engineers for the design
- Expertise in developing a construction budget
- Determine how much of Katara Hospitality funds are required to be able to negotiate financing with investors
- Ensures continuous value engineering initiatives to effect cost reduction and cost effectiveness of each resource
- Executes the project plans as per schedules
- Prepares detailed designs for all works and other contractual submissions
- Ensures quality work is executed as per the requirements of the client
- Supervises Site / Construction management/ Site co-ordination & Progress review of the contract work
- Ensures regular inspections of the project to ensure adherence to the project plan
- Assists on the review of drawings and specifications
- Prepares detailed construction schedule for meeting the milestones and completion targets
- Draws up the resource deployment schedule to match the construction schedule
- Prepares Project Reports for reviewing progress
- Supervises the material requirement of the project sites and efficient functioning of stores based on the site requirement and coordinates through defined channels with Procurement function
- Implements policies and mechanisms for management of consultants and -contractors, deployment of their services and their subsequent evaluation
- Utilizes project management software for better project management and coordinates with IT function for incorporating ideas based on specific project requirement
- Co-ordinates with IT function wherever required and ensures that IT automation initiatives are implemented on site
- Takes responsibility of improving profitability by identifying cost reduction opportunities for the project through increasing project execution efficiency and optimal utilization of resources
- Ensures the availability of information on key operational and cost parameters for the project
- Ensure timely PMS implementation adhering to specified procedures
- Handles all disciplinary matters such as unauthorized absence from work, insubordination, etc. related to permanent and temporary / contract employees in the project
- Interacts with all employees of the project on a regular basis to understand their key concerns and ensures development of systems and policies that are enabling in nature
The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties, which may be reasonably expected and forms part of the function of the job.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture, with graduate-level study in business management or project management. Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate offered by the Project Management Institute together with extensive work in the hospitality industry.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project management and construction management in the hospitality industry, with extensive experience in luxury hotels. Experience in projects in Morocco.
- French speaking (fluent oral/written)
- Achievement Orientation
- Concern for Order, Quality & Accuracy
- Organizational Awareness
- Leadership Orientation
- Organizational Commitment
- Conceptual Thinking
Reference Contract type Temporary Level Job(s) Experience required 10 years Department Project & Construction Working place Job beginning on Creation date