12th February 2017
To lead, plan and manage day to day operations of the Business Development department in order to proactively identify, develop and capitalize on emerging luxury scale business development initiatives in the infrastructure development and construction industry, in line with Katara Hospitality strategic objective, ensuring increase in business growth and return on investments.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective cascading of the Strategy & Business Development strategy into business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Seek advance approval, Lead and manage the implementation of the Business Development strategic business plan, ensuring alignment with the overall business strategies.
- Support the Business development & acquisition leadership by assist in Managing the departmental objectives through setting of individual objectives, support in recruiting qualified staff, managing team performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance.
- Work closely with Business development & acquisition leadership to Define an optimum organization structure for Business Development department so that resources are optimally utilized and communication can take place in a speedy & efficient manner.
Budgets and Plans
- Consolidation and recommend the Business Development budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Industry Networking and Intelligence
- Lead and manage the proactive networking with potential clients in order to ascertain the prevailing global market trends in the infrastructure development, construction and project management sector and provide input to strategic corporate planning strategies and plans.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential partners in order to pursue potential business expansion initiatives.
Identification of Opportunities
- Lead the initial screening and research of the industry to effectively identify profitable business opportunities for Katara Hospitality Business plan and mid / long term goals and objectives.
- Identify new value added business opportunities using innovative concepts which can be converted into revenue generating opportunities in line with Katara Hospitality business objectives.
- Fully responsible for Leading and developing a comprehensive feasibility study, financial modelling, due diligence analysis etc. to evaluate the strategic fit, ROI and viability of the new investment initiatives within the Katara Hospitality business plan , its corporate vision and life mission.
- Liaise and develop business relationships with financial institutions to establish services in order to support effective project management.
- Manage the development of identified opportunities for revenue growth from existing clients and/or diversification opportunities so that income is maximized from current operations.
- Provide end-to-end business development advice from the concept stage to project commercialization to maximize the rate of return on investment.
- Manage the effective assessment of risk of new projects in existing and emerging markets in order to provide management with an informed view of the risks involved and propose risk mitigation measures to enable the projects to proceed with acceptable level of risk.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all relevant external/internal entities (such as government regulatory authorities, investors, business partners, key stakeholders in the local, regional and global infrastructure development industry) and all sections with highest standards of business ethics, whilst promptly attending to all critical issues in-order to ensure the services required by the organization are delivered in the most effective manner.
- Lead by example to support the change management business objectives through continuous improvement of Business Development departmental systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Assist in Develop and oversee the implementation of Business Development department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Statements and Reports
- Ensure that all departmental reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet Katara Hospitality requirements, policies and standards.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional qualification in Project Management and Construction industry technologies.
- Good knowledge of the relevant infrastructure development markets.
- Maximum Experience : 10 Years
- 10-12 years’ experience in a similar work environment.
- 3-5 years in a business development/project management role.
- Strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- In-depth analytical skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Customer service orientation
Reference Contract type Permanent Level Manager Job(s) Experience required 10 years Department Business Development Working place Lusail, Qatar Job beginning on Creation date