9th August 2017
To liaise with Hotel General Managers of the properties and ensure implementation of the organization strategic plans and initiatives, while focusing on consistency and uniformity across all processes focusing on KH’s special projects, approved FF&E projects under the guidance and direction of COO and Corporate Director – Asset Management. Collaborate with the designated Hotel General Managers of Katara Hospitality units to ensure all capex projects are in adherence with the company’s quality standards and values.
DETAILED ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the COO and Corporate Director – Asset Management in the formulation and implementation of KH’s vision, mission and strategic objectives by instilling and maintaining best-practice processes to attract and retain customers/clients in the operating hotels.
- Ensure effective implementation of the overall strategy, annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures of the properties, in order to support KH’s overall business strategy under the guidance and direction of COO and Corporate Director – Asset Management
- Ensure maintenance of the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in provision of the services in the properties.
- Ensure communication is clear and accurate and that the appropriate channels are used when communicating with the properties, as agreed with KH and the hotel General Managers.
- Ensure actual revenues are in compliance with budgeted revenue or agreed plans, prepare monthly forecast and maximize profitability through ensuring customer satisfaction in all activities of KH owned properties as assigned by the Corporate Director – Asset Management
- Ensure accurate flow of information within the properties as assigned by the Corporate Director – Asset Management and the corporate office by reviewing operational targets and their achievements.
- Act as a contact for all General Managers in the assigned properties with any issues, concerns and feedback regarding the assigned properties
- Direct General Managers to the concerned operational Katara Hospitality specialist for queries, issues and concerns with regards to the assigned properties.
- Provide recommendation and guidance to the General Managers on any shortfalls, financial deficit and ways to enhance KH’s reputation and image in the industry.
- Ensure that all operations in the properties are operated under the guidelines of SOPs and P&Ps of KH as well as those of the operator.
- Work closely with property General Managers to ensure achievement of budgeted revenues and profits. Lend special support in deficient operational areas.
- Review and approve guest satisfaction reports from KH hotels, and provide advice on ways to improve customer satisfaction levels.
- Support and assist all the unit General Managers in achieving the overall unit targets in relation to customer satisfaction, financial and quality perspectives.
- Recommend and counsel General Managers on new trends, procedures designed to improve operational activities, with an emphasis on higher room utilization and ensuring high customer service standards.
- Coordinate with General Managers on a regular basis in self-operated properties of KH to ensure that the quality of all services is in adherence to KH’s standards.
- Perform periodic inspections and audits of buildings, grounds, furnishings, fixtures, equipment, safety, front desk procedures and employee relations of the self-operated properties to ensure implementation of quality and process standards.
- Liaise and ensure smooth communication between property General Managers and corporate office personnel to ensure business targets are effectively executed.
- Work closely with General Manager of the KH property to ensure implementation of action plans, monitor performance and ensure consistent delivery of guest service and coordinate with Chief Operating Officer on the same.
- Be fully aware of all HMA and agreements relevant to each property and ensure operation compliance.
The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties, which may be reasonably expected and forms part of the function of the job.
A Hotel Management degree and / or diploma.
- At least 7 years at senior managerial level in luxury hospitality operation and / or hotel development.
- Experience in planning and rolling-out of new brand on either agency or client side.
- International or global brand experience required.
- Experience in the creation of digital support tools, such as asset management information systems.
- Experience in working on and creating brand guidelines (online and print) plus the following project streams would be an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of the role and importance of communications; the role of branding and brand management techniques, budget management and account management.
- Experience in brand management, direct marketing, advertising, negotiation techniques, tracking methods and database marketing.
- Detailed experience in budgeting.
- Experience at a senior level of pre-opening hotel operation.
- Proven experience and direct involvement in revenue management.
- Proven experience and direct involvement in sales operations.
- Excellent decision making and risk management
- Professional development
- Collaborative approach
- Open communicator
- Team work and leadership
- Problem solving
- Process excellence
- Visioning, strategy and planning
- Arabic speaking and writing
- Strong project management skills
- Can effectively operate at a strategic and at a tactical level.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues with little supervision
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) at all levels of the organization as well as to external customers.
- Able to articulate ideas clearly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to match the audience.
- Strong work ethic, excellent time management, influencing and organizational skills, and a very precise and detail-oriented mindset in all areas of marketing execution.
- Expert writer (English language), with a strong command of grammar and punctuation, with a well-developed written presentation, organization, and editing skills.
- Self-starter. Assertively takes on challenging responsibilities and holds self ultimately accountable for results and performance.
- Can multi-task and be productive in a busy environment with simultaneous output requirements across multiple disciplines.
Reference Contract type Full Time Level Manager Job(s) Experience required 10 years Department Operations Working place Job beginning on Creation date