27th April 2016
Position is responsible for short and long-term planning and the management of the Food & Beverage operations. Develops and recommends the budget, marketing plans and objectives.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the function of all F&B Department, facilities, operations and cost.
- Controls on an ongoing basis the following:
- Quality levels of products and service
- Guest satisfaction
- Operating costs
- Develop F&B concepts
- Establishes and maintains such systems and methods of operations as are necessary to supply all outlets and production areas with clean, correct and timely mise-en-place, minimizing cost through breakage, loss and excessive chemical usage and appropriate staffing levels.
- Coordinates with the Executive Chef and the Storekeeper in establishing minimum and maximum operating par stocks and supplies.
- Attends and contribute to the Monthly review with the hotels.
- Develops, maintains and monitors food and beverage policies, procedures, processes, information and standards.
- Assists in developing F&B supplies purchasing policy.
- Drives the Hotels’ F&B teams to develop concepts that meet the customers expectations in all F&B areas
- Assists in concept development and kitchen design during refurbishments and new openings.
- Works closely with the procurement team to define the specifications in all food & beverage areas, including operational equipment.
- Communicates current performance and future activities to the COO Operations.
- Agrees a hotel by hotel strategy resulting in a consistent proposition, a capital plan and menu pricing policy for each hotel.
- Develops new food and beverage programs, then roll out in to the business Develops and implements the annual food and beverage business plan
- Assists in identifying industry trends, competitive situations that are relative to the hotel business
- Assists the hotels in the recruitment of key F&B positions.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested
- Develops and maintains a Food and Beverage training program
- Develops and maintains such systems and methods of operations as are necessary to minimize cost through breakage, loss and excessive chemical usage and appropriate staffing levels.
- Develops and maintains storekeeping standards in establishing minimum and maximum operating stocks and supplies.
- Attends and contribute to the F&B weekly meetings.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
University degree in Hospitality Management, F&B Management or similar
- 10+ years in the F&B / Hospitality industry with 3-5 years in a similar role working at a regional level, preferably with a well reputed, international operator
- Solid experience within brand development
- International exposure
- Highly organised and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and influence without authority
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members at all levels
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with the appropriate level of independence, authority, and accountability
- Flexibility and adaptability related to frequent change in priorities
- Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment with the appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent relationship-building skills, both internally and externally
- Highly self-motivated and results driven
Reference Contract type Permanent Level Executive Job(s) Experience required 10 years Department Operations Working place Job beginning on Creation date